Easy Heart Meditation Increases Fulfillment
When I discovered heart meditation, it was quickly apparent that it was absolutely right for me. Why?
Because out of all the various types of meditation that I had tried, this one:
- was so easy - there was never any question of whether or not I was 'doing it right'
- made me feel great - it was rewarding, immediately
- had simple requirements - no uncomfortable poses necessary, and can be done anywhere
- provided immediate health benefits - while the good feelings are subjectively apparent right away, scientific research also confirms actual health benefits of meditation
- feeds into my higher purpose - whenever I do this powerful meditation, I know that I am building on my holistic personal development foundation
Heart meditation is simply focusing on the energy of the heart. And what is heart energy... "love, baby, love" as Louis Armstrong so simply states in his song 'What A Wonderful World'. This easy meditation is not concerned with thinking about love, rather feeling love. It is definitely one of the easiest and most dynamic ways to meditate that I know.
Never forget that the most powerful force on earth is love.
Nelson Rockefeller, 1908-1979
Every time you do this self meditation you are exercising and reinforcing your capability to share joy and glory, and experience all the great health benefits of meditation.
This is a suitable meditation for beginners, intermediates, and 'graduates'. You can never have too much love!
Begin simply by practicing this as a scheduled twice daily meditation. My guess is you will soon be enjoying it at various other times throughout your day too.
- Find a quiet space, with an agreeable temperature, away from possible interruptions. In this spot, you should be able to position yourself so that you have a straight spine. You may sit in a chair, sit on the floor, or even lay down flat on your back. Get comfortable, close your eyes and relax.
- Take a moment to notice your breath. Breathe naturally, with a nice gentle smooth natural rhythm. Breathing from the diaphragm is one of the meditation tips that will assist you in relaxing more completely.
- Now, think of someone who fills your heart with love. Feel the incredible love you experience for that person. Hold that feeling of love, and let go of the thought of the person. Focus on the feeling. Feel it deep in your heart, feel it radiate out to fill your chest and limbs.
- With the feeling of love coursing through every bit of your being, you'll feel something like a faint vibration within your body. That too is the feeling of love. Focus on it. Grow it. Expand it out. Deepen it. Intensify it. You are inviting it into your being, creating the expansion of it, and letting it grow beyond. You might experience other aspects to the love, such as seeing a color, or hearing a sound, that's fine... but it's not at all necessary or to be expected. It doesn't mean you are doing it better or worse. Cultivating the love feeling is what is creating the benefit.
- Continue to focus on the feeling of love for 10-20 minutes, or longer if you wish. Because it feels great, you will be enjoying this. If thoughts arise, just let them go, re-focusing on the feeling of love.
When you are new to practicing this self meditation technique, it may take a couple of times to really experience the feeling of love strengthening and flowing through you. This is natural because often people are not accustomed to slowing down enough to thoroughly feel love. But, everyone knows the feeling of love so just stay with it and in no time you will be basking in it.
Have you heard the phrase, 'spread the love'? When you can quickly summon this easy meditation with your eyes open, you might consider also doing it as an active meditation. That will allow you to consciously integrate the heart meditation into other activities such as working on the computer, cooking, and walking. It can be just 'quietly running' in the background, as you go about your life.
Once you master this heart meditation practice, you will realize that you can indeed do it anywhere, anytime... even among chaos. In whatever circumstance you do it, you will be helping others as well as yourself. You are then an active channel of compassion and understanding, appreciation and happiness, harmony, peace and... divine love.
"Give all to love. Obey your heart."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Before you scroll down...
Keep an eye on the slider (above) for a few minutes to see the personal development products and services that I recommend!
- Personal Growth Tools
- Purpose in Life
- Personal Planning
- Self Empowerment
- Self Esteem
- Spiritual Growth
- Dealing with Stress
- Developing Intuition
- Inspiring Thoughts and More