Self Motivation Tips to MOVE you!
When you need just that extra boost to motivate yourself, apply the following self help motivation tips. You may also like to visit:
- Self Motivation Techniques: gives ideas of systems that will help you to motivate yourself.
- Self Motivation Skills: provides the outline of five easy self help motivation abilities to build up.
- Review the compelling lists that you created when laying out your vision of success based on your life passion and life purpose. Identifying these provides valuable strength and clarity for personal leadership development.
It gives great impetus to put the pedal to the metal and get on with the task at hand!
- Create a computer software generated vision board based on your highest vision, and enjoy watching it each day.
- Every morning, review what the coming day will entail, and see all it's tasks as an integral part of the big picture you have created for your success.
- Consider what would happen if you didn't do the task causing you distress? What havoc might it cause in your life? What other activities would it interrupt? Review this chaos, and chances are you will hop to it.
Self motivation tips such as this, to 'move you away' from an undesired result, may be great to get you started.
You'll also want to activate positive goal oriented incentives, success motivation, that will work to 'move you towards' the desired outcome.
- Remind yourself what the most immediate payoff would be once the task is complete. Also, vividly picture, using all your senses, the greatest long term goal achievement that this activity is contributing towards.
- Ask yourself what you are gaining by not doing the task. Sometimes there are underlying reasons that tempt our avoidance or under performance. ex. I heard Christopher Howard explain a situation that one of his participants went through. The participant didn't want to get too fit because subconsciously he then attracted women to him and it was unhealthy for his present relationship!
- Set yourself free from distractions. If there is another much more inviting temptation within sight or sound, you are not helping yourself. Sometimes it's 'best to burrow', in order to aid our focus.
- Here's another way to think of distractions or interruptions,... utilize them! If you do get distracted, immediately ask "What opportunity does this present towards completing this task?" Accepting distractions in order to get things done at first seems counter-intuitive and against what we are commonly taught,... but it can be powerful. Use the interruption to take a few deep breaths and stretch your legs. Ask yourself if you are on the right track, and if there is a way you can be more productive.
- Adopt a self motivational quote that resonates with you, and put it on your computer desktop or a sticky note on your desk. Quotes are rampant with self motivation tips. One of my favorites is:
"Whatever you believe you can do, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power and magic within it."
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- Ensure you have the proper tools required for the activity, and that they are in top working order. Anything less will be distracting you from the task at hand, and likely be somewhat frustrating.
- When you begin a task, dive in. Don't fluff for 20 minutes doing one last email check, getting another glass of water, etc.
- Remember that a setback likely means you are one step closer to success. Thomas Edison apparently failed in his attempt to invent electric light 700 times. His response.... “I have not failed seven hundred times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those seven hundred ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.” (and aren't we glad he kept going!)
- Create your own list of self help motivation tips. Watch your performance over the coming months, note what works, write it down, use it, and share it!
Hopefully by applying these self motivation tips, as well as the self motivation skills and techniques as appropriate, you will be finding motivation energy that fuels all your dreams.
You of course, are the only one that can implement these suggestions into your life, and yet many, including you, will reap the benefits.
Here's to your great glorious success in achieving self empowerment, and manifesting all that your higher purpose imagines.
Before you scroll down...
Keep an eye on the slider (above) for a few minutes to see the personal development products and services that I recommend!
- Personal Growth Tools
- Purpose in Life
- Personal Planning
- Self Empowerment
- Self Esteem
- Spiritual Growth
- Dealing with Stress
- Developing Intuition
- Inspiring Thoughts and More